Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Seat and Car Upgrades!

Not a lot happening ride and adventure-wise right now, but I do have a few upgrades to report. I grabbed a sweet new WTB saddle as part of the Performance Bicycle Black Friday sale. I know, I know...I should be supporting my local independent bike shop instead of the giant corporate bike biz, but first off it was 50% off, and secondly, I have had a bunch of great group rides with the folks at my local Performance, so I'm not really feeling the guilt on this purchase. You can see that the old saddle was also a WTB. It served me pretty well, and I really only replaced it because it started to rip near the top front. I have mentioned previously in my old bike blog that I have a tendency to bend seat rails but only on one side. I am hoping that doesn't happen on this one.


The other, and perhaps more exciting upgrade, is actually not on any of my bicycles...I got a new car! Well, a new used car. But at 20k miles it is practically new. Its a 2013 Volkswagen Jetta S (the base model) and this time around I made sure to get a 5speed instead of an automatic, since auto transmission problems were a big problem on my previous VW. Hopefully I'll be able to afford a roof rack some time in the future, but until then, the fold down seats and roomy trunk area allow me to stash the roadbike without taking off the wheels! I'll take it!


No comments:

Post a Comment