Thursday, December 18, 2014

Sugino CT175 BMX Cranks


Loved these Sugino CT 175 BMX Cranks! The set I had never gave me a second of trouble. I'm pretty sure I had them on my custome Skyway T/A build. One of the neat things about these cranks, which you can't see here, is how amazingly thin they were when you looked down on them when you were on the bike. They were solid construction, so they were able to make them waaaaay thinned out, as opposed to the beefy wide tubular croMo cranks like Redline Flights of Profile. 

For some reason though, these cranks didn't really take off the way I thought they would as far as popularity. The price pooint was lower than tubular croMo, but waaaaay more than one piece. I am almost positive they weighed in between the two other options also.

If I ever do another BMX build, I would love to find a set of these in decent condition, just for the sake of having something different than what you see on retro builds all the time.



No comments:

Post a Comment