Sunday, September 14, 2014

Scattante Mestre Multi-Lens Eyewear

Earlier this year, in Spring, I picked up some cheapo sunglasses at Target, specifically for using on the bike. They actually did pretty well, and are still functional, but one of the rubber nose pads fell off. Since symmetry is cool and all, I ripped the other nose pad off, and ever since then I have just been unhappy with them. To me, it seems like the are fogging up more, and to be honest I really just wanted a new pair of shades after sweating all over the Target specials all Summer.

So I picked up a set of these Scattante Mestra Multi-Lens Eyewear:



Got a great deal on them during one of Performance Bikes sales. They came with 3 different lenses, dark, amber and totally clear. Also included is a hard case, and a bag that doubles as a cleaning cloth.

Just got them, so I haven't tried them out yet, but I popped in the amber lenses since we are headed into Fall and most of my riding will be done during the twilight hours. I'll give them a good run through this upcoming week. One of the things I am interested in is whether or not they won't fog. If they do, I am thinking about drilling two small holes in the top corners of each lens to see if creating some ventilation will help. But let's not get ahead of ourselves, I haven't even ridden with them yet.

I can say one thing for sure though,..

I definitely feel like I am from the future when I wear them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment